Prosperity of a nation and society is measured by the entrepreneurial spirit of its people. Entrepreneurship is a key element of industrialization and economic progress. Entrepreneurs are expected to play vital role in the process of development by introducing innovations and demonstrating leadership qualities in the dynamic situation. Entrepreneurship has been found as a low cost and long - term strategy for ensuring supply of right kind of entrepreneurs in the economy to sustain the development tempo. Educating and training people for developing entrepreneurial capabilities through positive training interventions is the core strategy of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) founded at Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati in May 2015.
Convenor: Dr. A. Jyothi, Professor, Department of Home Science
- Dr. D. Sarada Devi, Professor, Department of Home Science
- Dr. K. Vijayalashmi, Professor, Department of Business Management
Our vision is to aid the growth of our society by enabling entrepreneurs with integrity & ustainability and encourage individual ability and creativity.
To be the leader in enabling & facilitating entrepreneurs, support the sparks of budding entrepreneurs and manifesting the spirit and energy of young women students from ideation to start-up to establishment and scaling up with integrity and sustainability through constant guidance & mentoring through various programs and schemes.
- To create awareness on Entrepreneurships among young women students.
- To facilitate the development of Entrepreneurial Skills among young women students of Science & Technology and Social Science.
- To inculcate Entrepreneurial Spirit and Culture among young women students.
- To kindle the sparks of young women students & budding entrepreneurs.
- To establish a modern category of Sustainable Technology – Competent Entrepreneurs.
- To be an interface in building network among various institutions of learning & research and various industries.
- To provide complete technical and other services to small scale entrepreneurs.
- To establish an incubation centre in various Social Science, Science & technology domains.
- To organize camps, seminars, symposia, workshops, industrial visits, conferences and other development programs.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (EACs)
- Entrepreneurship Development Programs (EDPs)
- Faculty Development Programs on Entrepreneurship (FDPs)
- Entrepreneurship & Skill Development Programs (ESDPs)
- Technology Entrepreneurship Development Programs (TEDPs)
- Entrepreneurship Conference
- Guest Lectures & Seminars on Entrepreneurship
- Visits to various industries
- Skill Development Training Programs
- Market Research & Survey
- Curriculum development on Entrepreneurship based courses
- Business Model Designing
- Business Plan / Project Report preparation
Events / Activities of the EDC
- Exhibition come sale of innovative products by Integrated Food Technology Students
- Training Programme on Fabric Painting to Fashion Technology and Apparel Design Students
- Training Programme on Pot Painting to Fashion Technology and Apparel Design Students
- Orientation Programme on Entrepreneurship development skills to university students.
To be organised
- Training programme and technology transfer on Value added Foods to women in and around communities.
- Training programme and technology transfer to Farmers on preparation of Handy crafts out of Silk warms cocoons waste.