DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
The Department of Education offers Pre Service Teacher Education Programs for candidates aspiring to take up teaching profession in general, special and inclusive schools in addition to the organization of In-service Teacher Education Programs and Extension Activities besides offering research programs viz, M.Phil and Ph.D. The Programs offered in the Department develop necessary knowledge and skills to take up teaching profession.
The Major Objectives of Department:
To provide pre-service teacher education programmes in Education and in special education.
· To prepare teacher educators for both Education and special education.
· To undertake research and guide students in their research work.
· To provide resource support to educational institutions, organizations, NGOs etc.,
· To sensitize the community on issues of educational and their social significance through extension activities.STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES:
The following student support services are provided to the students in addition to the amenities provided by the University
- Mentoring System
- Remedial Teaching
- Tutoring System
- Peer Tutoring System
- Personality Development, Communicative Skills Lectures of Experts etc.
The Objectives of the Differently-abled Unit were:
- Facilitate admission of differently-abled persons in various courses
- Provide guidance and counseling to the differently-abled
- Create awareness about the needs of the differently-abled and other general issues concerning their learning
- Assist differently-abled graduates to gain successful employment in the public as well as in private sectors.
- Organizes awareness programmes to the staff and students of its own University and also in other institutions.
- Organizes Community awareness programmes
- Provide assistive devices to the needy
- Undertake community-based rehabilitation programmes in collaboration with NGOs.
- Extend Guidance and Counselling services to the stake holders
- Work towards the creation of barrier free environment in the campus.
- Maintain data base of the differently-abled staff and students of the University.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
The Department would like to -
- Start Integrated Course
- Start a Departmental Journal / News letter
- Strengthen the Advocacy for the Differently-abled through the Government/NGOs/Public etc.
- Strengthen the Department of Education as Centre for Excellence.